In addition to our distinction as the largest locally-owned accounting and business advisory firm in mid-Michigan, we take pride in the fact that Maner Costerisan serves more educational entities than any other firm in our area – assurance that Maner Costerisan is a firm you can trust. As a result, our team has developed in-depth knowledge of the unique challenges and requirements facing all types of institutions, including K-12 school districts, intermediate school districts, charter schools, colleges, and private schools.
To demonstrate our commitment to serving the education sector, Maner Costerisan’s Internal Education Committee is actively involved in industry meetings, committees and continuing education. In addition, we frequently serve as speakers for industry conferences and our firm is represented on all the Michigan Department of Education’s (MDE) Advisory Committees for public schools.
Maner Costerisan’s education niche specialists can assist your organization with:
Mike Hagerty, Kent ISD
“Kent ISD has been a Maner Costerisan client for 4 years and I have worked with them on other engagements for over 15 years. The service they provide is nothing short of amazing. They are knowledgeable, proactive, responsive and committed. I have never encountered a Maner Costerisan professional that wasn’t the best at what they do and there isn’t another CPA firm in the area that has their expertise in the education field.
What really impresses me most about Maner Costerisan is simply the overall quality of their organization. It doesn’t matter who you deal with, you will always get the same level of service and expertise. They must have an incredible staff development program and I am thankful that we are the beneficiary of that investment in their professionals.”
- 2020 School District Supplemental
- 2020 School District Update
- 2019 School District Update
- Guidance on the 3% MPSERS Refund
- Uniform Guidance Reference Guide
- MPSERS News – Update Regarding Federal Tax Implications for 3% Retiree Healthcare Contributions
- Overview & Analysis Supporting Federal Tax Treatment of Public School Employee Retiree Healthcare Contributions
- Uniform Grant Guidance (Super or Omini) Circular
- AICPA Whitepaper (explaining implementation issue re: Employer Participation in Cost-Sharing Multiple Employer Plans)
- ORS 2013 3% Guidance Alert 49 and Email
- Maner Costerisan Education Group on LinkedIn