In addition to our distinction as the largest locally-owned accounting and business advisory firm in mid-Michigan, we take pride in the fact that Maner Costerisan serves more educational entities than any other firm in our area–assurance that Maner Costerisan is a firm you can trust. As a result, our team has in-depth knowledge of the unique challenges and requirements facing all types of institutions, including K-12 school districts, intermediate school districts, charter schools, colleges, and private schools.
To demonstrate our commitment to serving the education sector, Maner Costerisan’s Internal Education Committee is actively involved in industry meetings, committees and continuing education. In addition, we frequently serve as speakers for industry conferences and our firm is represented on all the Michigan Department of Education’s (MDE’s) Advisory Committees for public schools.
Maner Costerisan’s education niche specialists can assist your organization with:
- Accounting & Audit
- Business & Technology consulting
- Payroll tax
- Grant accounting
- Internal controls
- 2017 School District Update
- Uniform Guidance Reference Guide
- 2016 Start Now! Audit Preparation & Hot Issues Webinar Recording
- MPSERS News – Update Regarding Federal Tax Implications for 3% Retiree Healthcare Contributions
- Overview & Analysis Supporting Federal Tax Treatment of Public School Employee Retiree Healthcare Contributions
- Uniform Grant Guidance (Super or Omini) Circular
- New A-133 Audit Data Collection Form-released January 2014
- AICPA Whitepaper (explaining implementation issue re: Employer Participation in Cost-Sharing Multiple Employer Plans)
- ORS 2013 3% Guidance Alert 49 and Email
- IRS 941x Instructions
- Maner Costerisan Education Group on LinkedIn
Robert Clark, Okemos Schools
“We have been a Maner Costerisan client for over 25 years. They know the education industry better than anyone else in our area and I truly value the guidance they provide. Their professionals have the knowledge and expertise to handle any situation that comes along and they are always on top of the latest developments affecting educational organizations.
Although Maner Costerisan primarily handles our audit work, they have assisted us with several other specific projects and are fully committed to keeping us moving in the right direction. I appreciate their responsiveness, honesty and continuity. We have a comfort level with our team at Maner Costerisan that I don’t think we could duplicate with any other CPA firm.”
For more information about these services, please contact: