Employee Benefit Plans
Employee benefit plans are a tremendous responsibility for business owners. Because the well-being of your employees and your business is at stake, working with trustworthy and experienced professionals is essential when planning for your employees’ futures. Fortunately, Maner Costerisan has more than 50 years of combined experience since the passage of ERISA in 1974, and we audit nearly 60 pension and health and welfare employee benefit plans each year.
At Maner Costerisan, we serve numerous clients that rely on us solely for the audit of their employee benefit plans. We take auditing employee benefit plans seriously, which is reflected in the amount of resources we devote to ensure our staff is highly trained and cost effective.
Our professionals can educate your employees about the plans, ultimately reducing the administrative burden for you and your staff. Our well-trained professionals also ensure your plans remain compliant with constantly changing government regulations, meet testing requirements and fulfill reporting deadlines.
Representatives from our Employee Benefits Division regularly attend national and state ERISA conferences and serve as members of the MACPA Employee Benefits Committee. In addition, Maner Costerisan is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center.
Our employee benefit plan services include:
- Full and limited scope audits as required by ERISA
- Preparation of Forms 5500
- Special audit procedures directed toward compliance with regulatory requirements
- Employee benefit plan design
- Consultation concerning income or estate tax implications
- Accounting services
- Financial statement preparation
- Submission of forms to the IRS
- Representation during IRS and Department of Labor audits