“I strive to act with a sense of urgency when handling my clients’ issues. I understand people don’t like to be kept waiting for answers and therefore I work hard to always be available and responsive. In today’s fast-paced world, it is important to respond to clients in a timely manner so information remains fresh in their minds.”
Trey serves as a director in the firm and is the chair of Maner Costerisan’s nonprofit committee, as well as the head of the firm’s audit department. Trey also leads Maner Costerisan’s construction niche and peer review services leader.
In addition to his leadership roles, Trey’s day-to-day responsibilities lie in providing services to nonprofit associations and closely held businesses in the construction and service industries. He also works with organizations in the ERISA industry.
Since his career began, Trey has helped numerous clients overcome obstacles and address critical issues regarding their businesses. He shares his expertise with organizations outside of his clientele, presenting for the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants, Central Michigan Chapter of ABC and publishing articles for The Greater Lansing Business Monthly magazine.
Trey’s decision to pursue a career in accounting was the result of his being raised in a family-owned business, which helped him gain experience and shape his perspective on a number of business related issues. His success today is a result of his overall enjoyment of the profession, including the people he works with and the clients he serves.
Trey resides in Grand Ledge, Michigan with his wife and three children. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, fishing, camping, playing golf and collecting coins. He is also an avid Michigan State University Spartans sports fan.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Michigan
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Construction Financial Managers Association (CFMA)
- Former treasurer
- Associated General Contractors
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Michigan Society of Association Executives
- Affordable Housing Association of CPAs (AHACPA)
- Rotary Club of Lansing
- Old News Boys of Greater Lansing
- Former president
- Michigan State University Alumni Association
- Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Michigan State University – Bachelor of Arts, Accounting (1990)
Honors and Achievements
- Beta Alpha Psi