“I thrive on the personalized relationships I build with my clients. The closer we are, the easier it is for me to address the problems that keep them up at night. And because my clients’ needs always come first, their problems keep me up at night, too. The sooner I solve them, the sooner we can all rest easy.”
Before joining Maner Costerisan in 2018, Katie spent 12 years in the tax department at a regional public accounting firm. Supportive, collaborative and forward-thinking, Katie specializes in tax consulting, planning, and compliance services for closely held businesses and high net worth individuals.
Katie has a longstanding aptitude with numbers, and her approach to accounting is to treat each case like a math problem. Her expertise in the high net worth area includes multi-generational planning through tax-efficient estate planning and wealth transfer opportunities, charitable giving options, as well as estate settlement, retirement, and social security concerns. Katie also works with closely held businesses in a variety of industries, where she provides tax-planning advice to reduce her clients’ tax exposure.
Originally from Flushing, Michigan, Katie now lives with her husband and two children in DeWitt, where she loves being able to walk to downtown from her house. In her free time, she enjoys camping, swimming, skiing, and being in and around water with family and friends.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Michigan
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Greater Lansing Estate Planning Council
- ATHENA Women’s Interest Network
- Wharton Center Advisory Council
- Michigan State University Alumni Association
- Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce 12th annual “10 Over the Next Ten” award (2018)
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Arts in Accounting (2005)
- Michigan State University, Master of Science in Accounting (2006)