Steve has twenty-four years of experience in governmental and nonprofit auditing. He provides audit and financial consulting services, particularly for organizations receiving federal funding and subject to Uniform Guidance Single Audit requirements. He served as interim finance director on two separate occasions for over a year during transition periods at a township – the high level of service provided during those occasions led to the township appointing him permanently as the finance director going forward. Steve also, assists small nonprofits organizations to obtain 501(c)(3) status, conducts multiple agreed upon procedures engagements related to potential frauds, embezzlements, and other inappropriate activities and has testified in court related to these engagements. Steve pushes all team members to exceed client expectations by providing timely, accurate, high quality, compassionate, and all inclusive services.
Steve grew up in Ovid, MI and lives in Dewitt, MI with his family.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Michigan
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Michigan School Business Officials
- Governmental Finance Officers Association
- Ferris State University – Bachelor of Arts, Business with a concentration in Accounting