- This event has passed.
- There were no results found.
Nonprofit’s Top 9 Topics in 90 Minutes
December 13, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Join the experts at Maner Costerisan as we share valuable updates and considerations your nonprofit should know before the year ends.
We will discuss nonprofit organizations’ most burning topics during 9 Topics in 90 Minutes on Tuesday, December 13, from 10-11:30 a.m.
- Lobbying & PAC filing– Nonprofits of all kinds must be aware of the “can and can’t do” activities in the lobbying world. We will cover some common areas of the question and required filings for Political Action Committees.
- Difference between exchange transactions & contributions– Revenue recognition has recently been a hot topic. We will review the different types of revenue and key indicators to help identify them and appropriately record the revenue.
- Encumbrances– We will go over the definition of encumbrances, and specific examples of when utilizing them in organizational processing is beneficial. We will also outline how software can help streamline encumbrances use.
- UBI Reporting– Unrelated Business Income should be considered any time new programs are being developed, and new revenue sources are evaluated. We will outline key factors to understand tax implications and ensure accurate reporting.
- In-kind Contributions ASU 2020-07– Updates and points to consider related to the presentation and disclosures by not-for-profit entities for contributed nonfinancial assets.
- Program, Grant, and Fund Accounting for Nonprofits – Internal accounting records should reflect the same reports provided to funding sources and program managers – without extra Excel schedules! We will go over tips in recordkeeping for streamlined reporting.
- Tax Compliance– join us to gain a full picture of all filing requirements, deadlines, extensions, and ramifications for nonreporting for different entities.
- Trends in NP Needs– Maner serves over 400 nonprofit clients with varying needs. We will review new projects, challenges, and opportunities we see with our clients and how solutions are found.
- Contribution accounting –Contribution income should be scrutinized by nonprofits to ensure accurate reporting and use. We will go over definitions and categorizations as well as how to record the use of contribution income by organizations.
RSVP for this incredible conversation today!
CPE Credits are available!