“I am dedicated not only to the task my clients have engaged me with, but also to helping their organizations succeed and thrive overall.”
Sarah currently serves as a principal in the firm’s Accounting and Outsourced Solutions department, leads Maner Costerisan’s fraud and forensics practice and is a member of Maner Costerisan’s nonprofit committee. Sarah oversees outsourced solutions engagements providing guidance and advisory services to client leadership and teams on financial analysis, projections and workflow. She has particular specialization performing fraud risk assessments and internal control process improvements for organizations across various industries. Sarah maintains a strong desire to help her clients augment their internal controls and fraud prevention systems, while minimizing their costs in the process. Sarah also performs examinations for various organizations to determine and document the extent of loss due to fraud.
Sarah is leading our firms initiatives in innovation and community engagement involving many internal team members as well as community leaders and stakeholders. This increased focus is an exciting representation of Maner Costerisan’s concentration on its’ corporate social responsibility.
Beyond her client responsibilities at Maner Costerisan, Sarah regularly shares her expertise with colleagues and peers by speaking on industry related topics including fraud (risk areas and prevention), financial oversight, board governance and ethics.
Sarah volunteers her time with various charitable organizations primarily focused on leadership and entrepreneurism.
Sarah resides in Laingsburg, Michigan with her husband, Russ, and their son, Kannon. In her free time, she enjoys gardening, cooking, and playing golf.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Michigan
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Association Executive (CAE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Lansing Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- American Society of Association Executives
- Michigan Society of Association Executives
- McLaren Greater Lansing Healthcare Foundation, Board of Trustees Executive Committee
- ATHENA International, Board of Trustees Treasurer
- ATHENA Women’s Interest Network
- Illinois Wesleyan University – Bachelor’s degree (2002)