“I do whatever it takes to help my clients and ensure their continued success.”
Steve serves as treasurer for the firm and is a principal in the firm’s audit department, where he primarily serves small businesses, education, government and nonprofit organizations. He specializes in providing comprehensive audit services to school districts, townships and small businesses. Steve is the Director of the Education Practice Group.
Steve’s successes while serving clients include helping a small business make important decisions during a turnaround consulting engagement. He has also helped several school districts earn the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting. In addition to helping his clients succeed, Steve is a regular speaker for the MICPA’s Governmental Conference, Michigan School Business officials, Southwest Michigan School Business Officials, and Central Michigan School Business officials.
Steve was inspired to enter the accounting field by his father and uncle, who are successful accountants in the public and private sectors. Today he attributes his success to his industry expertise, focus on client service and competitive drive. Steve has also felt an ever-positive impact from working with children during his time as the treasurer of The First Tee of Mid-Michigan.
Raised in Frankenmuth, Michigan, Steve currently resides in DeWitt with his wife and daughter. Away from the office, he can often be found outdoors, where he enjoys hunting, fishing and playing golf, tennis, and various other sports.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Michigan
- AICPA Advanced Single Audit Certificate
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Central Michigan School Business Officials (CMSBO)
- Michigan School Business Officials (MSBO)
- MDE 1022 Committee
- Michigan State University Alumni Association
- Michigan State University – Master of Science, Accounting and Finance, with honors
- Michigan State University – Bachelor of Arts, Accounting, with honors