News & Insights
Who Moved My Dynamics GP Downloads?
March 11th, 2021
Business Accounting Software |
Microsoft Dynamics GP |
Last month we talked about “Where Did CustomerSource Go?” This month, we have the answer. This article is an excerpt from a Blog posted by Terry Heley at Microsoft.
As you have probably noticed over time, Microsoft, in general, is moving everything to docs.microsoft.com. Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission was one of the considerations for building docs.microsoft.com on top of the open GitHub platform. Any user can now submit documentation changes for the greater good of all.
The KB’s (Knowledge Base articles) are now searchable on the main support page for any product. A tip would be to search by the name of what you want vs. the KB number. Example: GP copy company. This search will pull up our beloved KB 872709 – Set up a test company with a copy of the live company. The KB number itself is no longer in the link of the articles as it used to be.
Documentation for Dynamics GP is stored on the DOCS site as well. What is great about DOCS is that all users can use GitHub to update this documentation with information to help other users. How awesome is that!
Now to the important stuff, where can I download information?
- The directory/resource page for Dynamics GP that has everything summarized for you is still available if you are used to moving about the cabin in that fashion.
- Product Release Downloads for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Service Packs for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Tax & Regulatory Updates for Dynamics GP
- Hot Topics & Upgrade Paths
- Management Reporter
- Product Release Downloads for Microsoft SQL Server (Runtime)